The term arthritis is used to describe over 150 different conditions. It is a general term used to describe conditions which cause joint inflammation.
- Nearly one in five Australians has arthritis.
- Arthritis is Australia's major cause of disability and pain
- Arthritis can affect people at any age
- Most forms of arthritis are thought to be a reaction of the body against its own joint tissues.
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, polymyalgia rheumatica , ankylosing spondylitis are all forms of arthritis.
- Arthritis is not considered curable, but is treatable.
- Understand the type of arthritis you have to best understand treatment options
- Stay active
- Learn how to manage pain
- If fatigue is an issue, work on balancing rest and activities
Clergy Healthcare Coordinator
0448 846 608